If you wish to have a church wedding, there’s a few things that you will need to know before start planning. Booking for a church wedding is different from booking a venue. There’s some paperwork and courses required you to complete before the churches consider to conduct a wedding.
A FEW POINTS TO KEEP IN MIND AS YOU BEGIN PLANNING YOUR CHURCH CEREMONY
• Some churches may require that both or one of you be a member of the church
• There may be restrictions for the day of the week and the time of day that the ceremony takes place.
• Have few dates in mind when requesting the pastor’s availability
• Some churches may need you to clarify the level of involvement their wedding coordinator would have in the church ceremony as well as décor limitations.
• Some churches may have restrictions on decor so make sure you have asked the pastor about the church decorations
• To eliminate carpet and floor staining, some churches no longer allow the tossing of flower petals. A beautiful alternative is to have your flower girl(s) carry pomander(s).
Happy planning and stay tune for the next post about the church decorations!